First, make sure you've completed the two following steps
- Add employees to the platform (you are here)
- Create a group plan
Each employee's registration is done online and is paperless. We make the process simple and easy for employees.
Below you will find a detailed step-by-step, including screenshots.
If you prefer a more interactive explanation, scroll down to the bottom of this ticket for a short video tutorial.
To invite employees to the platform for the first time:
- Go to the tab “Employees”
- Select the employees you wish to send the e-mail invite to. You can choose select all employees.
- Assign the employees to a plan.
- If this is the first time the employee is assigned to a plan, they will automatically receive an email inviting them to join your group plan.
The first time an employee is assigned to a plan, this will trigger the sending of an e-mail invitation for them to join your GRSP plan.
- Each e-mail invite is specific to each individual. Please make sure employees sign up through the email invitation - otherwise, their GRSP account won't show in your Wealthsimple account.
- Please ensure employees e-sign their GRSP account opening
- Set their GRSP contribution amount or
- Tick the box “Maximize my employer’s contributions
- How employees can set up their GRSP account here.
How to resend an e-mail invite:
If an employee cannot find their invitation email, you can resend an invitation. Make sure they use the link from the email to sign up so they're properly added to your company's group plan.
- Go to the tab “Employees”.
- Click on the employee's name.
- Click on “Reinvite empoyee”. If the reinvite button is no longer available, this means that the employee has started his/her on-boarding process and simply needs to complete it. Please have them:
New to Wealthsimple for Work? Book a call with us to learn more about offering group plan to your company.
Already using our platform? Please contact us at email@example.com for support.